Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tra la la la....work...blah, blah...

So I have worked on the psych unit many times and usually I am pretty comfortable. I kind of fit right in and have a pretty good time with the patients. I have been hurt at work and not the psych floor. I was hurt by a little old man on the medicine floor (broke my finger, snapped it). Anyway like I said I have always felt comfortable. Tonight for the first time, I was a little scared. Have you ever met anyone whose affect was just off? Who creeped you out for no good reason? Who you were pretty sure had bodies in their basement somewhere...pretty much describes one of my patients tonight. Not pleasant. Thankfully they moved me to the unlocked unit on nights.

So anyway, as I was saying in my last post I got paid yesterday. I was looking at my paystub and realized that they had missed 4 hours of time. I worked 4 extra hours last Sunday and I was pretty sure that those where the hours that were missing. So I called the payroll office and left a message asking them to look into and call me back.
They did and this is what happened...(Just FYI I had worked a total of 16 hours on Sunday)
I told the payroll person that I had worked on the pediatrics floor my first 4 hours and she said "yes I see that right here, you signed in and you got paid for that"
I said "ok" (now I am a little confused because those first 4 hours were the extra hours and should be the ones that I did not get paid for)
Her "Where did you work next?"
Me "Surgery for 4 hours"
Her "and after that?"
Me "Psych for 8."
Her "Well you did not sign into surgery for those 4 hours so you did not get paid for them"
Me "What? Where did you think that I went after I had already been here for 4 hours?"
Her "Well obviously we did not know so you did not get paid"
Me "So let me get this straight...You paid me for 3pm to 7pm, thought I went home from 7pm-11pm and came back for an 8 hour night shift?"
Her "We did not know where you went so you did not get paid"
Me "Uhm...ok how do I fix this?"
The thing is that usually when a resource person does not sign in somewhere mid shift it is paid from the resource budget....apparently not anymore.
And seriously, with the price of gas who is going to drive in for 4 hours, drive home, drive back in.
Does this make sense to anyone or am I just all alone in this? Anyone? Anyone?
oooookay then.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com