Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Life...

and guess who is in it again
There has been so much to blog about lately and yet I have not done it I am not sure why...

So it was 3:45am, Chris and I were soundly asleep when a piercing scream came through the air.  I jumped out of bed and ran to Sean's room to see what was the matter.  Sean looked at me with quivering lip and replied that there was a spider on his wall...oh so big and when he had woken up it had been by his head.  I don't do spiders....at all.  I hollered for Christopher (waking up Liam in the meantime, I was freaked).  He must have heard the panic in my voice because he came running into Sean's room bare a$$ naked.  Should I also explain that Sean's window has no blind and that it faces the front part of our house and all our neighbors.  Anyway, so there is my husband naked and now crawling around on the floor looking for a shoe to kill the spider.  I go and calm down Liam, get him a drink and get him settled.  My husband the hero kills the spider in the buff, here is hoping none of our neighbors are early risers.

A couple of days ago we had tornado warnings here.  Actual tornado warnings in Vermont.  I had the news on to listen to the weather report and they kept flashing the warning and the high pitched sound saying that if a tornado was in our area to get in to a secure part of the house.  Well apparently this was all a little much for Liam.  I kept his mind off it by calling my mom.  (He loves to talk to Grandma on the phone)  The conversation went like this...Liam: "I skeered Grandma"  Grandma :Why are you scared baby?"  Liam: "The tomato is coming to get me"  Yup so watch out for those killer tomatoes. 

Chris has started a new job.  He leaves the house at 8am and is getting home around 11pm.  Sean is not doing well with this,  he crawled into bed with me while Chris was getting ready for work and before long we were both back to sleep.  At 9:30am he woke me back up and told me that he was going to go and say goodbye to Daddy before he went to work.  I had to remind him that he had already said goodbye and that Daddy had left over an hour ago.  The crying tantrum that erupted almost broke my heart.  "He left without saying goodbye to me" (not true)  "I need to see him".  I ended up calling Chris and letting Sean speak to him which seemed to work I am hoping that he will get use to Chris being gone a little more often.  If not I am in for one very rough summer.



Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comments:

markira said...

Gad, I hope that Chris at least gets more days off!

Is this a permanent-type schedule, or just a getting-to-know-the-new-job thing?

Also, lol at the image of Chris attacking spiders naked in front of the windows while the neighbors gawk in shock.

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com