Thursday, July 31, 2008

The mini van part 2.

So yesterday we did go to the beach and had a wonderful time. I would have to say that the one low of the day was that the minivans check engine light had come on. I was not really worried about it because I had done some light reading of my minivan owners manual (Haven't you all?).
So after the beach we all piled into the minivan for the ride home. About a mile down the road a high pitched alarm starts going off. I pull over to the side of the road to check things out. Have you ever had a car trouble with a 4 year old in the car...then you know my pain. He kept asking questions and to tell you the truth I had no answers. I was trying to be calm but he was also repeating everything that Julie was saying to me....example: Julie says "Joanna, did you check to make sure that your gas cap is on?" Sean: "Mama make sure your gas cap is on...Mama is the gas cap on? Mama did you check the gas cap?" and so on.
So I am trying to remain calm, I start the van back up and in park it is fine, when I put it in drive it starts to chime and when I press on the gas the alarm from hell starts spewing from every port on the van. This is a very sophisticated vehicle, it tells me when I am going to hit someone, when I am going to run out of gas, on board monitors, for temp, lights and air pressure in my tires....but do you think that it could tell me why this alarm was going off. So it is about 4:50pm my garage closes at 5:00pm and we are 10 minutes away. I decide that I can make it and that the alarm will be fine and nothing drastic is going to happen. (I do not recommend driving your own vehicle with crazy bells going off but I never make wise choices in crisis)
So we got to the garage and I explain alarms...engine lights and all to this very confused garage guy. (Who was totally sweet and decide to check the car even though by the time we got there they were closed) We unload all the children and I go to pull it into the bay...would you believe that the alarm did not go off? The garage guy asked me if anyone else had heard the bells...good thing there was a psych nurse in the van who had heard them too or else I think I would be having someone take a look at my hearing and my head. You know cause maybe I have munchausen by proxy for my vehicle...I make up all these weird diseases that my van has and then look for sympathy from the garage people. I feed it diesel instead of regular and then plead ignorance....hey it could happen.
So in the end no one knows why my car alarmed while I was driving it for miles. On a happy note though they did reset my check engine light.

1 comments:

markira said...

Your van tells you when you are going to hit someone? Hit a lot of people, do you??

My "check engine" light is on in my car, too. I'm ignoring it. It'll go away. Or my car will blow up. (in which case a LOT of things will go away, huh?) I have no freaky alarms to worry about.

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com